Senior Data Engineer
- Post Date:November 4, 2019
- Views 212
- Experience 5 YearsQualifications Bachelor Degree
Senior Data Engineer (Python, Spark, AWS)
The Finance Technology team at is searching for innovative and analytical Data Engineers to join our team in Boston, MA. Our data engineers are multilinguals who can speak the languages of how we operate as a business, how that business impacts our financials, and the latest technologies that are reshaping our Finance Techlandscape.
In this role, you will be responsible for building generic data pipelines & frameworks using open source tools on public Cloud platforms. The right candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about technology, interacts with product owners and technical stakeholders, thrives under pressure, and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results with good teamwork skills.
Human centered design is the underlying framework for this candidate who will have the opportunity to influence and interact with fellow technologists beyond his team and influence technology partners across the enterprise. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and cutting-edge technologies such as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Jenkins/Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
The Job & Expectations
- Partner with product owners, peers, and end-users to understand business requirements
- Be the intersection with lines of business, Finance and technology. The ability to understand various perspectives is critical when optimizing an engineering solution
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
- Experience delivering big data solutions using open-source languages such as Python and Scala on Apache Spark framework
- Deploy DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Nexus, Git and Docker
- Manage multiple responsibilities in an unstructured environment where you’re empowered to make a difference. In that context, you will be expected to research and develop cutting edge technologies to accomplish your goals
- Must have a firm understanding of large scale data sets and SDLC best practices
- Comfortable interpreting legacy Ab Initio logic which will be re-coded in new open source languages and cloud technologies
- Experience with Cloud computing, preferably AWS and its services including S3, EMR/EC2 and Lambda functions
- 5 yrs experience working on data projects and in data management engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience developing, deploying, testing in public cloud
- At least 5 year of experience in system analysis
- At least 5 years of experience delivering big data solutions using open-source languages
- At least 5 years of experience leveraging SQL for database querying
- 5+ years experience in at least one scripting language (UNIXshell scripting, perl, etc.)
- 5+ years experience developing full stack software solutions
- 3+ years of experience in AWS Cloud computing
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile delivery environment
- AWS certification
At this time, we will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.