Manager of IT Network/Infrastructure
Searching for a Manager of IT/Network Infrastructure to design and implement complex networking solutions over a large enterprise level network. The person should be able to troubleshoot difficult or chronic problems and identifies both short and long term solutions. In addition, this person will define network standards and create documentation to support these standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Develop and maintain IT and security policies and operational procedures
- Lead a team to manage and support infrastructure and security operations inclusive of LAN/WAN and Wi-Fi environments.
- Provides specifications and detailed drawings for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provides technical leadership.
- Ensures that the TKG Systems WAN and LANs are operating efficiently and optimal, so that all service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provides technical expertise to network staff.
- Develop diagrams of networks using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
- Identify customer requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
- Lead or participate in planning and assessment project phases and lead/assist with project design/implementation phases.
- Conduct feasibility studies and participates in the development of technical standards
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Effectively communicate with customers and technical staff to troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems
- Experience with supporting and deploying the latest HP/Aruba, Cisco and Extreme Networks hardware and networking technologies
- Experience with supporting HP ClearPass and Solarwinds
- Experience with MPLS WAN technologies including troubleshooting, installation and upgrading network circuits
- Manage the installation and upgrade of network hardware.
- Follow process and template documentation to configure and install networking hardware.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Create and maintain documentation (standards, best practices) for supported technologies.
- Maintain project status and tracking
- Create Bill of Materials (BOMs) as well as other related documentation for various projects and tasks.
- Evaluate network requirements and make technical recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a large enterprise network
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years work or experience or equivalent experience.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
Experience8 Years +