Director of IT Operations
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the IT Infrastructure and Operations Management at the main offices of the company and will have primary responsibility for policy and procedure for Security, Compliance and Technology Services across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and evaluate current technology solutions and plan, design, and coordinate a multi-year roadmap for all technology and support activities.
- Provide a scalable and secure infrastructure vision and strategy including both the use of cloud and local technology (ies) to support and/or enhance strategic business initiatives.
- Manage IT Operations team staff.
- Work directly with the IT leadership team to identify, recommend, implement, and maintain appropriate technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Mentor IT professionals to establish career paths and goals.
- Ensure operational reliability and stability of IT services using industry standard and best practice procedures.
- Ensure the alignment and integration of IT with the overall vision, mission, and values of the enterprise.
- Manage within approved budget and prepare those aspects of the budget to support the design, implementations, and maintenance of the enterprise environment.
- Deliver IT services and maintain oversight of service level agreements with vendors, suppliers and partners.
- Optimize cost of services through a mix of internal and external sources.
- Effectively support customer-facing Managed Services and cloud-based offerings as required.
- Define, monitor and communicate to management appropriate IT metrics.
- Align IT risk management with enterprise-wide risk management.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Maintain System Documentation and Defined Best Practices
- Help Desk Support Manager
- Network Operations Manager
- Network Infrastructure Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years overall experience with 7+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Associated degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with process improvement and inventory control.
- Solid understanding of how to build scalable IT environments
- Experience building, implementing, cultivating and managing high performance IT teams, fostering a progressive culture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays based on business needs
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
- On-call availability
Experience8 Years +