We are a digital experience and technology company. Currently, we are seeking a Big Data/Java Developer to join our team fulltime – you will be responsible for:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment developed for our stakeholders within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Deliver solutions to production environments creating business value.
- Collaborate with your teammates and product owners grooming backlogs of epics and stories for upcoming development sprints.
- Push the limits of strong software engineering by helping to drive automated
Required Experience / Skills
- 4-year degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Scala and Spark experience and knowledge
- Strong preference for knowledge of Spark streaming, Yarn, Maven, Git, Docker and Solr.
- Application Delivery and Software Development: at least 5 years of experience.
- Java/Linux technology stack: senior-level experience and knowledge of application servers, backend processing, and the web tier.
- Automated Testing, Test-driven Development, debugging, troubleshooting, and optimizing code: senior level experience and knowledge
- Big Data: experience with the big data technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, Cascading, Spark, Scala, Solr/Lucene etc.
- Leadership: experience leading or helping to lead application delivery teams.
- Pair Programming – Need to have experience or be willing to pair with others when it makes sense.
- Clear Communication – Must be comfortable and eager discussing work items in team settings.
- Passion for Development – Actively learns on the job and outside of work. We are a team of developers that constantly seek to improve our craft and we expect to work with the same.
- Cross Functional Skill Development – willing to learn new skills and roles to meet the needs of their team.
What we look for in an associate:
- Problem solver
- Takes initiative
- Strong communicator
- Great listener
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement, Certification Reimbursement, and Training
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) – includes vacation and sick time
- Relocation Assistance
- Referral Bonuses (Sales/Employee)
- Other Incentives