Many of these dos and doníts are common sense, but we have listed them anyway as helpful reminders.
- Arrive on time.
- Give your interviewer a firm handshake.
- Make direct eye contact and smile.
- Listen carefully.
- Take an interactive role during the interview.
- Speak slowly and concisely.
- Use good grammar and diction.
- Ask about the next steps in the process.
- Ask the interviewer for his/her business card.
- Thank the interviewer when the interview is over.
- Send a thank you note to everyone you interviewed with at the company.
- Address your interviewer by his/her first name unless requested.
- Sit down until invited.
- Smoke (even if invited).
- Chew gum.
- Talk about race, religion, sex, equal rights or age.
- Present copies of your work, unless asked.
During the final segment, the interviewer generally allows you to ask any questions about the job you are applying for and the company. To read some interview tips, click here.